June 5, 2009

In Response to...

This post:

Five things that have made me wag my tail in the past 24 hours:

1. Meeting a friend whom I have not seen in 10 years. (How is 10 years even possible? How does it go by so fast?) She is every bit as confident, lovely, kind and radiant as I remember her. Oh, how proud I am of you, Amber. You go girl.

2. After a week of rain, the sun is out again. Montreal is every bit as lovely in the spring as they say it is. I feel drunk off the sun, the flowers, the magic...I just want to hop on my bike and ride and ride and ride...

3. A sugar cone, two scoops: the first, strawberry-black pepper. The second, mango masai. Party in my mouth. Even better? Sharing with a friend (cassis, masala chai). Seriously, folks, Havre aux glaces could make (or ruin) my summer.

4. Being complimented that I have marked improvement in my ukemi (the "receiving" end of Aikido). I have been working very hard on this, and sometimes it is hard for me to see that it is paying off. Class last night was really, really fun.

5. A lovely walk home from the dojo with my favorite person in the whole world, stopping to pick up goodies for snacking and running into an impromptu block party. I was having such a good time, in fact, that I forgot that I had my bike with me and accidentally left it at the store. Luckily, it was still locked up there this morning...

What is making you happy these days?

2 comments:

ChefNick said...

You take some beautiful photos, Erica.

Erica the Ninja said...

Thank you! I am in Nevada right now visiting my family and have some more coming when I can get my own computer on the internet (: