May 22, 2008

Cerises.


080516, originally uploaded by Erica the Ninja.

This photo has the obvious connotation, "Life is like..."

This Friday, it really was true.

We woke up late. Ate a wonderful breakfast. Had tea and cake on the balcony. Piddled around for a while (Gabe did some work while I tracked down an iron and got it into working order so that I could have a fresh shirt for my *job interview*). I made cherry clafouti and some lunch. We ate said clafouti and lunch. I got dressed, interviewed for a job, came home to dinner and a bottle of wine and lots of hugs. I couldn't ask for a better day (except the interview stress, I guess).

Things are a little nerve-wracking right now. The interview went well, but I am just one of over a hundred applicants. A good one ("perfect for the job," in his words), but had the added crutch of needing a Canadian work visa. *sigh. I am just going to let it all go, though. What will be will be. A Science job was supposed to be plan B in any case (albeit, the smarter, safer plan B). Nonetheless, could you send some good energy my way? I am starting to stress a little.

No comments: