December 29, 2006

Soon.

I leave tomorrow at 6 a.m. on a flight to Boston, and will be flying through here:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Wish me luck.

This is the first of two trips to Boston I will be making in the next month--one to scope out some jobs and an apartment, and the other to actually haul the kitties and stuff across the country. So really, this is kind of like a vacation with some obligation attached. I am looking forward to First Night, some Lord of the Rings video gaming, food, friends etc. And, of course, apartment and job hunting.

I have an interview on January 4th at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center for a job in HIV vaccine development. I am very, very excited about the prospect of working in this field. There are now almost 40 million people living with AIDS worldwide, which is insane to me.

I am going crazy with all of the little things that need to get done before I leave. I think I probably won't sleep tonight (much to the chagrin of my mother, who is staying at my house tonight to take me to the airport at 5 a.m.). I also had to say goodby to some people at Bibo this morning, which was not awesome.

Today is also my last day of work. I have learned a lot during my short stay here, but I can't say that I am sorry to be leaving. This place is mad (Like the time that I got yelled at for my data being a papercut hazard). It still hasn't set in that I won't be coming back-- I still haven't taken my toothbrush, tampons, and oatmeal out of my desk yet. I guess I had better go do that now.

I'm feeling kind of numb at the moment because I have way too much overloading my brain. I'll update everyone when the dust settles a little bit. Catch you on the flipside.

No comments: